WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Verve, Inc. (“Verve,” “us,” “we,” “our,” or “Company”) takes steps to provide for the accessibility and usability of this website (www.gleegum.com) and all digital assets contained or offered therein (collectively, our “Services”). To this end, we work to provide Services that are compatible with commonly used assistive browsers, tools, and technologies. While we strive to provide accessibility and usability for users, please be aware that accessibility is an ongoing effort, and it may not be possible in all areas of our Services with current technology and other restrictions.
This policy applies to all content produced or updated by Verve on the Services. Note that the Services may contain links to external websites and third-party content that is not within our control and may not follow the same accessibility policies and standards as we follow. We are not responsible for these websites or third-party content. Links to any other party’s website or content do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by us of the linked website or content.
II. ACCESSIBILITY NEEDS & HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have questions, concerns or feedback related to the functionality or accessibility of the Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 401-351-6415.When you contact us, please be sure to tell us:
- The nature of the accessibility issue;
- The format in which you prefer to receive a response;
- The web address you are emailing about; and
- How we can contact you.
We will work with you to try to provide the information you seek through a communication method that works for you and is consistent with applicable law.
III. ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Glee Gum strives to ensure that its website (https://gleegum.com) and its services are accessible to people with disabilities.
We firmly believe that the internet should be available and accessible to anyone, and are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of circumstance and ability.To fulfill this, we aim to adhere as strictly as possible to the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) at the AA level.These guidelines explain how to make web content accessible to people with a wide array of disabilities. Complying with those guidelines helps us ensure that the website is accessible to all people: blind people, people with motor impairments, visual impairment, cognitive disabilities, and more.
Accessibility on this Website
Glee Gum uses a Website Accessibility Widget that has a dedicated accessibility functionality. Our website utilizes various technologies that are meant to make it as accessible as possible at all times. We utilize an accessibility interface that allows persons with specific disabilities to adjust the website’s UI (user interface) and design it to their personal needs.Additionally, we utilize an AI-based application that runs in the background and optimizes its accessibility level constantly. This application remediates the website’s HTML, adapts Its functionality and behavior for screen-readers used by the blind users, and for keyboard functions used by individuals with motor impairments.The software allows Glee Gum to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).If you’ve found a malfunction or have ideas for improvement, we’ll be happy to hear from you. You can reach out to the website’s operators by using the following email email@example.com
Enabling the Accessibility Widget
The accessibility widget can be enabled by clicking the accessibility widget link that appears at the bottom of all pages of our website. After triggering the accessibility widget link, the accessibility widget will load and display in a moment.
Screen-reader and keyboard navigation
Our website implements the ARIA attributes (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) technique, alongside various different behavioral changes, to ensure blind users visiting with screen-readers are able to read, comprehend, and enjoy the website’s functions. As soon as a user with a screen-reader enters your site, they immediately receive a prompt to enter the Screen-Reader Profile so they can browse and operate your site effectively. Here’s how our website covers some of the most important screen-reader requirements, alongside console screenshots of code examples:
- Screen-reader optimization: we run a background process that learns the website’s components from top to bottom, to ensure ongoing compliance even when updating the website.In this process, we provide screen-readers with meaningful data using the ARIA set of attributes. For example, we provide accurate form labels;descriptions for actionable icons (social media icons, search icons, cart icons, etc.); validation guidance for form inputs; element roles such as buttons, menus, modal dialogues (popups), and others. Additionally, the background process scans all of the website’s images and provides an accurate and meaningful image-object-recognition-based description as an ALT (alternate text) tag for images that are not described. It will also extract texts that are embedded within the image, using an OCR (optical character recognition) technology.To turn on screen-reader adjustments at any time, users need only to press the Alt+1 keyboard combination. Screen-reader users also get automatic announcements to turn the Screen-reader mode on as soon as they enter the website.These adjustments are compatible with all popular screen readers, including JAWS and NVDA.
Disability profiles supported in our website
- Epilepsy Safe Mode: this profile enables people with epilepsy to use the website safely by eliminating the risk of seizures that result from flashing or blinking animations and risky color combinations.
- Visually Impaired Mode: this mode adjusts the website for the convenience of users with visual impairments such as Degrading Eyesight, Tunnel Vision, Cataract, Glaucoma, and others.
- Cognitive Disability Mode: this mode provides different assistive options to help users with cognitive impairments such as Dyslexia, Autism, CVA, and others, to focus on the essential elements of the website more easily.
- ADHD Friendly Mode: this mode helps users with ADHD and Neurodevelopmental disorders to read, browse, and focus on the main website elements more easily while significantly reducing distractions.
- Blindness Mode: this mode configures the website to be compatible with screen-readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack. A screen-reader is software for blind users that is installed on a computer and smartphone, and websites must be compatible with it.
- Keyboard Navigation Profile (Motor-Impaired): this profile enables motor-impaired persons to operate the website using the keyboard Tab, Shift+Tab, and the Enter keys. Users can also use shortcuts such as “M” (menus), “H” (headings), “F” (forms), “B” (buttons), and “G” (graphics) to jump to specific elements.
Additional UI, design, and readability adjustments
- Font adjustments – users, can increase and decrease its size, change its family (type), adjust the spacing, alignment, line height, and more.
- Color adjustments – users can select various color contrast profiles such as light, dark, inverted, and monochrome. Additionally, users can swap color schemes of titles, texts, and backgrounds, with over 7 different coloring options.
- Animations – epileptic users can stop all running animations with the click of a button. Animations controlled by the interface include videos, GIFs, and CSS flashing transitions.
- Content highlighting – users can choose to emphasize important elements such as links and titles. They can also choose to highlight focused or hovered elements only.
- Audio muting – users with hearing devices may experience headaches or other issues due to automatic audio playing. This option lets users mute the entire website instantly.
- Cognitive disorders – we utilize a search engine that is linked to Wikipedia and Wiktionary, allowing people with cognitive disorders to decipher meanings of phrases, initials, slang, and others.
- Additional functions – we provide users the option to change cursor color and size, use a printing mode, enable a virtual keyboard, and many other functions.
Browser and assistive technology compatibility
We aim to support the widest array of browsers and assistive technologies as possible, so our users can choose the best fitting tools for them, with as few limitations as possible. Therefore, we have worked very hard to be able to support all major systems that comprise over 95% of the user market share including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge, JAWS and NVDA (screen readers), both for Windows and for MAC users.
We continue our efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of our site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to use reasonable efforts toward improving seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities to the extent this can be done in a reasonable manner.
Despite our very best efforts to allow anybody to adjust the website to their needs, there may still be pages or sections that are not fully accessible, are in the process of becoming accessible, or are lacking an adequate technological solution to make them fully accessible. We are continually working on improving the accessibility of our website by adding, updating and improving its options and features, and developing and adopting new technologies. We do all this because we constantly strive to achieve the optimal level of accessibility possible.
Notes, comments, and feedback
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on this website as reasonably accessible as it can be consistent with normal business practices for a company of our size and resources, some content could still be improved, so we welcome your suggestions.
If you are experiencing any difficulties in accessing or navigating, any content or part of our website, if you are blind or if you have visual impairments, or if you require any kind of assistance, please contact us and let us know. We will be happy to assist.For any assistance, please either call or email.