Eating gluten-free these days? Triumph Dining has a great book to help you do that. And we’re giving away a copy of it, plus a Sweet Stack of gluten-free Glee Gum, to 2 lucky winners!
Up for grabs:
– The Essential Gluten-Free Grocery Guide provides a comprehensive list of over 44,000 gluten-free products at grocery stores across the US. Covering everything from baby formula to frozen foods, both brand name and store-brand products, it’s an easy way to save time and hassle while shopping.
– The Sweet Stack includes 8 boxes of Glee Gum: 1 box each of Triple Berry, Bubblegum, Tangerine, Peppermint, Spearmint, Cinnamon, Sugar-Free Lemon-Lime, and Sugar-Free Refresh-Mint.
Total prize value: $32.90, plus shipping.
What’s your favorite gluten-free treat to eat? Tell us for a chance to win!
How to enter:
– Simply email your favorite gluten-free treat to eat, along with your name & zip code, to firstname.lastname@example.org (1 entry per person).
Free contest for a random drawing. Open to US residents only, 18 years old and older. Deadline for submissions 8/30/13 at 11:59 am ET. Suggested treats may be featured on the blog at GleeGum.com. Good luck!
Our company president Deborah Schimberg recently met with local 7th graders for a discussion of social entrepreneurship— with lots to chew on. The students in Calcutt Middle School’s summer program, “S.E.E. CF Shine,” enjoyed learning about the history of Glee, the harvest of chicle, and the process of making gum. And they got a chance to try the process themselves, with our Make Your Own Chewing Gum Kit.
S.E.E. CF Shine is an authentic partnership between the Central Falls School District, the organization Progreso Latino, teachers, community partners, administrators, and high school students. These groups collaboratively design and deliver a project-based, service-learning program. The program includes students from 5th to 8th grade and runs for 6 weeks, exploring themes of safety, the environment, and entrepreneurship. It’s a great way to make innovative lessons stick (pun intended)!
Want to learn more about the educational aspects of our Make Your Own Candy Kits? Be sure to check out our sample lesson plans, fun facts, and more. And, if you’re a teacher interested in using the Kits in the classroom, contact us directly for more info on educator’s discounts!
A 3-year-old fan named Evelyn tried her first piece of gum recently, at Earth Fare in Dayton, OH. Her mother reports that she absolutely loved it. Can you tell from the picture? According to Mom, in her spare time Evelyn also enjoys yogurt, show tunes, and wearing a tiara in the bathtub.
If you would like to be considered as a “Featured Fan” in our e-newsletter —and win a case of Glee Gum for the honor— please send an email introducing yourself to our mascot, email@example.com. No tiara required. We can’t wait to meet you!
Students at Boston University’s School of Management recently accepted a chewy challenge. As a semester project, they applied their nimble minds to the matter of all things Glee Gum. Part of their research involved a survey of volunteer participants. And, part of that survey was this question:
IF GLEE GUM WERE AN ANIMAL, WHAT ANIMAL WOULD IT BE? DESCRIBE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE.
This question elicited some rather interesting responses. Here is but a sampling:
– “an exotic parrot”
– “a sea cucumber”
– “a Scottish terrier”
– “a monkey– one that swings from branch to branch, delivering his wonderful treats”
– “a seal cub– so cute! and fun to watch”
– “a kitten, because it is harmless to our environment, and it’s fun”
– “a platypus, daring to be who he is and not like the rest!”
– “a hummingbird– full of energy, personable, responsible, working to make the world a healthy and happy place”
– “a giant anteater, the greatest of all animals”
– “a koala bear, or any other endangered species for that matter. Just like an endangered species, it can be hard to find certain products that are all natural.”
– “a lemur with a little pink hat and crazy boa”
– “a rainbow-spotted furry LamZeBraDoodle”
– “I don’t know why, but an adorable elephant comes to mind. Like, an elephant holding a balloon with its trunk. But that doesn’t make sense. Maybe you should go with a bird. Because they’re happy.”
What would YOU say? Oh, and, if you happen to see a rainbow-spotted furry LamZeBraDoodle anywhere, kindly send him our way.
What gives Bubblegum Flavor Glee Gum its rosy pink glow? Red beets. What gives Kraft Mac & Cheese its neon orange shine? Yellow 5 and Yellow 6.
While we generally believe in different strokes for different folks, we think artificial coloring is an exception. And the more we read about the issue, the more concerned we feel. From contamination with known carcinogens to correlations to behavioral disorders, the downsides of fake food dyes keep adding up.
So, when our friends at the Feingold Association shared a recent Dr. Oz Show segment about food dyes with us, we wanted to pass it along to you. It features Vani Hari and Lisa Leake, two North Carolina food activists with a powerful petition out now. They’re asking Kraft to remove artificial food coloring from their line of macaroni and cheese, and to head the charge in providing safer, better quality products for consumers.
Over 250,000 have signed the petition already. Visit Change.org/kraftyellow to add your name to the list, and feel free to join us in spreading the word! In the meantime, you can read more about recent studies on food dyes on the Dr. Oz Show site.
We’re proud to announce that all flavors of Glee Gum are now certified kosher! Look for the seal of certification from the International Kosher Council to appear on our boxes starting this spring.
Kosher foods comply with traditional Jewish dietary laws for preparation and processing. While many consumers keep kosher diets for religious reasons, an even larger number choose kosher foods because of their high standards of quality and food safety. We hope this certification helps you all to chew kosher gum Gleefully.
For info on our other certifications, check out our Affiliations page.
Wanna save cents in a way that makes sense?
Even better, whenever you redeem a CommonKindness coupon, the company donates to the non-profit of your choice—at no cost to you. Sign-up is free, and they’ve got scores of other printable grocery coupons available.
Happy shopping– and saving!
Baby, it’s cold out there. But these upcoming events will warm ya right up! Best of all? You can expect to see Glee Gum at every one of ’em.
First, rock out at the 2nd annual “Icelantic’s Winter on the Rocks” concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Denver, CO on February 1st, 2013. We’ve heard that sweet tunes sound even sweeter at high altitudes!
Students, be sure to take the “12th Annual RecycleMania Challenge” at Morgan State University in Baltimore, MD on February 8th, 2013. It runs for eight exciting weeks!
Next… calling all lovebirds! Celebrate Valentine’s Day by enjoying “Sweets for Your Sweetie” on February 14th, and then plan an “Escape to the Tropics” on March 3rd, 2013, at the Garfield Park Conservatory in Indianapolis, IN.
Last but not least, if you race in the “ShamROCK Run” at Newnan Court Square in Newnan, GA on March 2nd, 2013, you’ll help raise money for Bridging the Gap Community Outreach. Bonus: you’ll also get in shape for spring!
From our home base in Providence, to all of you,
Thanks so much for choosing Glee as the gum to chew!
We appreciate your continued support of our gum,
And wish you health and happiness in the year to come.
Check out the free, random drawing on our Facebook page for a chance to win 3 fabulous, Fair Trade prizes.
On November 30th, 2012 at 12 pm ET, 2 winners will be chosen to each take home:
– Fair Trade: A Human Journey by Eric St-Pierre. In 350 captivating photographs, this book takes you to the four corners of the planet & right into the lives of the women and men – artisans, peasants, workers – who produce various commodities that are part of our daily lives.
– 1 Make Your Own Chocolate Kit. Learn how to make dark chocolate like a confectioner, right in your kitchen. This sweet activity kit contains everything you need, including Fair Trade cocoa butter & cocoa powder.
– 1 Case of Glee Gum (12 boxes). Pick the flavor of your choice & enjoy the world’s first & only Fair Trade chewing gum, naturally sweetened with Fair Trade cane sugar. Aspartame-free & GMO-free, too!
Read the full details here. In the meantime, we’ve got our fingers crossed for you!
As you probably know, Prop 37— the California Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act— didn’t pass this month. We still believe that labeling food containing GMOs would be a good idea. And, based on the votes cast in Cali, so do at least 4 million other Americans!
“Because of the prevalence of soy, corn, and sugar in processed foods, more than 30,000 GMO food products sit on US grocery shelves unlabeled,” Alisa Gravitz, the president of Green America, recently noted.
Green America recently created a new campaign called GMO Inside, in hopes of increasing awareness and keeping up the momentum from Prop 37. If you agree with their position, visit their site to join the movement! Before your next trip to the grocery store, also consider checking out the Institute for Responsible Technology’s guide to GMO-free shopping. And don’t forget that our partners at Just Label It offer a quick and easy way for you to contact the FDA about this issue.